Friday, April 24, 2009

Class Presentations To-Date

So far I have thoroughly enjoyed all the presentations to date, though it seems the purpose of relating our topics to the african american experience in 2009 is a lot harder than expected... I can personally attest to this as my group presented earlier this week. My personal favorite so far would be Group 7's video presentation, I feel they clearly defined and dissected their topic as well as can be done. Some of their interviews seemed to get off track a little at times, but usually for the better of the project... such as adding comic relief when needed. The only group that i feel related their topic to present day insufficiently was the first group to present, though the sciences is a hard topic in itself, i feel there are plenty of successful african american scientists in 2009 that they could have touched on, including those at the university. I feel today's presentation of on religion in 2009 was presented very well, they didnt have as much media as group 7 but they had no less than any of the rest and just as much, if not more, pertinent information in regards to their topic. I was impressed by the fact that they weren't completely reliant on their slides, while a few of them didn't even employ the use of note cards or prompts to talk about their subject. The other part that stood out to me was how well they dissected their topic. The only part that I feel could've been changed was the order, I think it would have made more sense to speak on Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X earlier in the presentation and use the later parts as an opportunity to relate their topic to present day. I am really excited for the rest of the presentations and to see what they have been able to do with their extra time. I really hope there are more media-based projects, though with many of the subjects it may be very tough to incorporate media into their topic. I also hope they were all able to relate their topic to 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment